If you are visiting this page, you might either be concerned about your own relationship with alcohol or that of a loved one, colleague or friend. Admitting that there is a problem is often one of the hardest steps in seeking alcohol addiction help. In order for you to judge whether alcohol rehab is what you need, it is important to know the common signs and symptoms of alcoholism.
Signs of alcoholism
Common signs of alcoholism can include:
- Drinking to de-stress or feel better.
- Friends and family worry about your drinking.
- Being dishonest or secretive about your drinking.
- Continuing to drink despite the problems alcohol causes in your relationships.
- Neglecting your responsibilities at home, work or school.
- Having experienced legal problems as a result of drinking too much.
Call back request
Physical symptoms of alcoholism
Common physical signs of alcoholism include:
- Loss of appetite.
Behavioural signs of alcoholism
Common behavioural symptoms of alcoholism include:
- Regularly drinking to excess.
- Reliance on alcohol to relax, fall asleep, or to socialise.
- Uncharacteristic behaviours whilst intoxicated.
- Failing to keep promises and appointments.
- Isolation or going missing for days.
- Blaming others for their problems and drinking.
- Hiding alcohol around the house.
- Frequently promising to quit alcohol.
- Not accepting responsibility for their behaviours.
- Regularly smelling of alcohol or trying to mask the smell.
Make us your Port of Call
The Port of Call team is made up of people in recovery and professionals who are trained in addictions counselling. Make us your first Port of Call today and reach out to someone who’s been there and can help. Call our free phone line today on 08000029010 or email email@example.com for specialised alcoholism support.